| Performed correctly but beginning prompt was not heard
Administrator's beginning prompt(s) was not recorded but the student's response observed was correct.
| a modified (easier) version of the skill
- pointed while student read or counted (except when told to do so).
- corrected student's reading when student was to read independently.
- named a material that was not supposed to be named.
- presented materials in an ordered array instead of an unordered array as specified.
- eliminated or added space between materials to be counted, added, or subtracted.
- presented easier question than specified.
- changed "where" question to "who".
- changed inferential question to literal.
- changed open-ended question to fill- in the blank.
- answered question in a form easier than specified.
- reread entire sentence instead of answering question in his or her own words.
- answered open-ended question with a partially correct or a possible, but not likely, answer.
| Performed correctly at least one but not all of the steps of a multi-step skill
- named, described, sequenced, or sorted at least one, but not all, of the materials.
- was to count out loud and give answer but student just gave the answer.
- counted materials incorrectly but came up with the correct answer.
- counted materials correctly but teacher stopped student when correct count was reached.
| Performed correctly with beginning prompt and two or more additional prompts
- gave the beginning prompt and two or more additional times after pausing between prompts.
- after waiting for a response, receiving none, and repeating beginning prompt (two or more additional times.)
- when student asks for clarification or gives a incorrect answer(two or more additional times)