Successful administration of the PASA is dependent upon test administrators being prepared to test students. Beginning in December, test administrators can participate in Test Administrator Training and by viewing training videos and completing proficiency tests. Each winter, PASA also offers a webinar training session for test administrators. Check the homepage for more information on both of these training options. For both new and veteran test administrators, there are additional resources to help prepare for test administration. This website includes important information and materials, and the Administrator's Manual (available on the homepage) is updated each year and also contains detailed information about the PASA.
- The PASA General Training Webinar will provide updated, critical information regarding administration of the 2013 PASA for teachers as well as for individuals who have responsibility for providing support and training to teachers. Providing Accommodations for Students Who are Non-Verbal Who Take the PASA Webinar
- This session will provide critical information regarding the use of accommodations for students who are non-verbal and who take levels B or C of the PASA. Emphasis will be placed on the use of the adapted version tailored to this population of students who cannot use speech to answer oral-response test items. Examples of acceptable accommodations, as compared to modifications that affect scoring, will be presented. Providing Accommodations for Students with Visual Impairments Who Take the PASA Webinar
- This session will provide critical information regarding the 2012 PASA and the use of accommodations for students with visual impairments. Emphasis will be placed on the use of the adapted version of the PASA tailored to students who use other senses in place of vision. Suggestions for administering the adapted version of the PASA, as well as examples of acceptable accommodations, will be presented. Training Webinar Recordings
General Training Session
- This online training for both new and veteran test administrators features brief video segments with valuable information for before, during, and after testing. Proficiency tests are also available for test administrators to assess their test administration knowledge. PASA Scoring Conference Online Proficiency Test
- This online training is for education professionals interested in participating in PASA Scoring Conferences. It consists of brief video segments on how to score student performances on the PASA test, as well as a proficiency test to assess scoring accuracy. All users must pass the proficiency test before they can apply to participate in the Scoring Conferences.
PASA Test Administrator Online Training